Basic principles of animal humane treatment during production activity at Dniprovska Group consist in compliance with the effective regulations of Ukraine, internal regulatory documents (‘Animal Humane Treatment Policy’) and using the best world’s practices of animal humane treatment. By creating favourable husbandry meeting biological, species and individual characteristics of poultry, by complying with high standards of biosafety, ensuring balanced quality nutrition, constant veterinary inspection, timely therapy, disease prevention and poultry protection from suffering, we guarantee humane treatment of poultry during breeding.
Successful performance of humanism and animal welfare principles in the Company, as well as ensuring epidemiological welfare includes basic elements and prescribed procedures as follows:
- Continuous surveillance and control of qualified employees, including veterinary doctors
- All the poultry stock is vaccinated against disease causing agents
- Personnel observing personal hygiene
- Prohibiting employees of the enterprises from having domestic fowl in order to ensure epidemiological welfare
- Incoming inspection of raw materials and items
- Continuous laboratory inspection
- Pest control at the enterprises
- Scheduled systematic cleaning and disinfection of poultry yards, incubators, abattoir, production and warehouse premises, cooling rooms, reusable plastic containers and auto transport
- Enterprise waste management and recycling
- Husbandry furnishing, ensuring necessary space, temperature and humidity conditions, lighting, ventilation
- Poultry catching (during loading, unloading, movement) using methods which exclude injuries and/or death of poultry. Any abusive or humiliating behaviour with poultry is prohibited
- Using special transport means to avoid suffering or undue stress of poultry during transportation. Control of temporary conditions during transportation, poultry protection against ambient temperature, free space sufficiency, injury protection, etc.
- Poultry slaughter is authorized only using methods which exclude death throes of poultry. It is prohibited to use inhumane slaughter methods, which result in death of animals caused by asphyxia, electric current, pain injections, poisoning, overheating, etc.
- Ensuring correct alive poultry hang-off, using special lighting and equipment, appropriate poultry stunning before slaughter.
Continuous control of these measures guarantees that all processes at the Company enterprises take place with due account of poultry/animal humane treatment.