The Dniprovska company complies with the requirements of legislation and internal regulations to ensure the humane treatment of animals during production processes.
We use the best global practices, creating optimal conditions for keeping poultry. Ensuring biosecurity, quality nutrition and veterinary supervision, disease prevention, and protection from suffering — are our priorities.
The effective implementation of the policy of humane treatment of animals and their welfare in the Company, as well as ensuring epidemic safety, covers the main components and procedures that are regulated by the relevant rules and regulatory documents. Constant monitoring of such measures ensures that all processes at the Company's enterprises take place with consideration of the humane treatment of poultry/animals.
- Constant supervision and control of qualified employees, including doctors of veterinary medicine.
- Mandatory vaccination of birds against pathogens.
- Observance of personal hygiene by staff.
- Prohibition of employees of enterprises to keep poultry in order to ensure epidemiological well-being.
- Implementation of incoming control of raw materials and materials.
- Constant laboratory control.
- Pest control at enterprises.
- Systematic planned washing and disinfection of poultry houses, hatcheries, slaughter complexes, production, refrigeration and storage facilities, reversible polymer containers, motor vehicles, etc.
- Ensuring enterprise waste management and disposal.
- Equipping places for keeping poultry, providing the necessary space, temperature, humidity regime, lighting, and ventilation.
- Ensuring the procedure of catching (when loading, unloading, and moving) poultry by methods that exclude poultry injury and/or death. No violence or abuse of the bird is allowed.
- During transportation, control of the conditions of the bird's stay, protection from the temperature of the external environment, sufficient free space, the impossibility of injury, etc.
- Slaughter of poultry is permitted only by methods that exclude the premarital suffering of the bird. It is forbidden to use inhumane methods of killing animals, which lead to their death from suffocation, electric current, painful injections, poisoning, overheating, etc.
- Ensuring during slaughter the correct hanging of live birds, use of special lighting and equipment, and proper stunning of birds before slaughter.